cheapbattery Forum Index cheapbattery
cheap laptop battery deals!

jenniferalice 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

HELP MY LAPTOP BATTERY

View previous topic :: View next topic  
fatsingle

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:03 am    Post subject: HELP MY LAPTOP BATTERY Reply with quote

My in laws just gave my wife and I a barely used 2 year old laptop. They purchased it after Katrina when they evacuated, but their desktop was not damaged in the storm. Because of this they barely used the laptop at all in 2 years. The thing sat in the closet for 2 years and was maybe charged 3 times and not at all in the past year. Well, they gave it to us because it will no longer charge up. When I plug in the power chord nothing comes on at all. With or without the battery attached, when it is plugged in there is no response. Does this mean that I need to just buy a new battery? Compaq Presario CQ42 battery http://www.askbattery.com/compaq-presario-cq42.html Someone told me that some laptops run their power through the battery even if it is plugged in, so a dead battery could leave the laptop completely unresponsive. I don't think it could be any internal mechanical failures, they used it probably only 3 times total in 2 years. Any help would be appreciated. I am trying to avoid paying some tech $100 to tell me that all I need to do is buy a $90 battery.
solands23

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:02 am    Post subject: useful Reply with quote

Laptop batteries can last for a long time as long as you know how to properly use them. Charge your batteries when needed and unplug it after charging. I often used my website in completing my http://www.smartpaperhelp.com/ - research paper writer projects and I see to it that my batteries are maximized with longer hours of use.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    cheapbattery Forum Index -> Test Forum 1 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: